Thursday 22 November 2012

Daedric Prince, a humble introduction

So what's this all about?
Welcome minion or pawn, to my own little pocket of Oblivion, you have come or been brought here against your own will and common sense to part-take of this blog. Within I shall share my knowledge, wisdom and anecdotes on how to toy with the lives of mortals and how the world can be bent to fill the gaps of mortal lore so that they believe it. When the day comes that you are released from my grasp you shall be inspired to follow me footsteps and lure mortals into your own little game.

Why these realms and why write about it?
Ever since the assassination of emperor Uriel the VII, I've been intrigued by the inhabitants and events of Mundus. How could I resist stalking the paid murderer who chose the stuffed head of a two-legged bovine as a weapon for executing an upper-class bosmer? Or could I possibly not observe when a noisy fellow in Skyrim tried drinking a fellow prince under the table? It's a plane of wondrous lore and a lot of history and lies filled with malleable souls ripe for my "guidance". And frankly, I'm amazed that this hasn't been done more often or even done a bigger scale worthy of books.

Being a being of power is great, superb even, but even I suffer the plight of loneliness in my little corner of Oblivion. At least here is not as boring as the Ashpits... Anyways, my malicious games which only consist of semi-deadly pitfalls is better enjoyed with the like-minded and potential followers. You might learn something in the process - for example how you emulate the city of Thorn in Black Marsh despite all you know about the place is six sentences. And much more!

 Can anyone decipher your archaic writings?
I might be powerful but I cannot control all of you mortals, perhaps the warrior interested in his sword and the numbers that belong to it might find my ramblings of interest. But I have intended these pages to the ones that will actually sleep in a bed and not blackout during his or her travels. I hope that more strong-willed spirits will emerge and take the game from magical tablets to tables using pen-and-paper and even dices.

When will this knowledge be offered?
The life of a daedric prince can be hectic, despite the lesser size of his realm. Right, Peryite? So I won't fool you promises of weekly entries or even monthly, but I can say that as long as my pawns and plots remain, there'll be something for me to write about. Since we are inching closer to the Old Life celebration, mortals scatter all over Tamriel and are busy being greedy and drunk and therefore I take my chance presenting what has happened so far in my plot made of plots! And don't expect me to keep up this charade in everything I write, it's fun but is bound to become quite confusing for some of you.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Bovel, i love the format you have chosen for this first post. it's really entertaining. I look forward to reading more prose, and please make more posts like this first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Korhil! It was a blast writing that post and I will do it again, just not sure when or rather for which post.

      Delete